Words of Warfare

Words that hurt, words that heal. Encouragement. Appreciation. Gratitude. Criticism. Spoken with annoyance. Level of importance. Ability to listen. Anger and harshness. Kindness. Think with your heart. Listening first. Caring. Insistence.
I am not so sure how some days are so difficult, some days are so easy. Sickness in the home, sickness in the relationship, sickness is catching. Trying is not always enough. Consistency, constancy, trust and truth. Essential ingredients in domestic peace. Caring, no pettiness, looking past faults with eyes that only love. Remembering that love conquers all and all is worth it.
As I sit in my little writing alcove, I look up. I have a very dead plant hanging over my head. I have watered it, cared for it, loved it and fed it. But it is dead. I am not sure why it is dead, but no amount of looking at it, watering or feeding it will revive it. Right now, I need to take the plant down and to see if there is anything salvageable. If there is green near the roots, I can expect it to send out new growth. If there is no green, there is no life. I have hopes that there is green near the root of relationship, that it is worth reviving with kindness and caring, that it will respond to being carefully tended to again. Love conquers all they say. I am wondering what kind of conquering it will do here?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder