Let the Weekend Begin

Babies on the mind. My day started with love- my grandson, eggs and cheese, lots of loving and fun. Meeting the midwife in Smithers after years of knowing of her, but not knowing her. How sweet to observe her work with her patient, letting the children help with everything, BP cuff, doppler, all of it.the only thing missing was a camera to capture it all! Lunch with friends, discussing heart felt topics, ones that hold us accountable to who we are at our core, holds the day in place. Getting the call from there that I was needed at a labour put it all into action. That the baby did not come yet is sad for the momma, but the baby needs a bit more time to grow yet, so we are fine with waiting until he is ready to come. I am blessed by conversations in the dark car about how strong this little mommy is, what an amazing woman, smart, thoughtful and considerate, able to raise her children largely on her own and do a very fine job of it. Knowing deep inside how much strength it takes to do so and to find the right words to let her know is one of my responsibilities as mother to this mother. I take this responsibility very seriously! Wouldn't this world be a wonderful place if every person respected the other, recognized their inherent worth?I wonder if this is what is at the root of what drives me? My heart, my spirit drives me to encourage others, to give words to connect the person with their value. This is one more thing to be grateful for!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder