Gratefulness

Thankfulness is being grateful for what we have. It is an attitude of gratitude for learning, loving and being. Appreciate the little things that happen around you and within you every day. Think positively. Thankfulness brings contentment ~ The Virtues Project~
I wrote this on our calendar for the month of February. We have a large family calendar on our fridge- you know the one that is supposed to keep all of us in sync with each other! Each month, I write a virtue for us to cultivate, one to be mindful of all month long. I think that February is often a month where we think of love- but if our hearts are not full of thankfulness, the love will have no room! So today, I am thankful for:
    • The stark beauty of a very cold northern morning.
    • my happy grandson, spreading sunshine and cheer all around
    • employment for my family members
    • a warm home in which to shelter those who live here
    • music to enjoy
    • coffee-sustainable, free-trade coffee that supports a local cause!
    • my personalized travel mug, plastered with pictures of those I hold dear and precious words to think of while I drink.
    • precious memories of my past
    • family love
    • celebrations- a birthday party to honour one who blesses others so deeply and whose life is under attack, yet handles it with grace and clarity
    • travel mercies for distance driving
    • a passion for people that is lived out in work that is a calling
    • connections with friends from the past through social media sites- who knew?
I love starting my Mondays this way. As you can see from the picture, it is a brilliant, beautiful morning. at -15C, it is not for the faint of heart! My grandson put on his mittens by himself this morning to protect his fingers from getting frozen. His happy little face peeking out from his very warm toque, cozy winter jacket and squeezy hugs as he leaves with his momma just make my day! I think you need another picture to see how nice it is here!! On days like this, we have stunning daybreak and gorgeous sunsets- surrounded by mountains, the sun has so much to radiate off of, to reflect on. The birch and cottonwood trees provide a lovely foreground, with the shoulders of Mount Rocher setting the picture into a frame.
Let me know what you are thankful for today. I would love to hear from you if you are reading this blog or simply this posting. How does it make you feel? Any thoughts on gratitude and how it changes your perspective or your life? Happy Monday!

Comments

  1. reminded me to do my "1000 Gifts" post today :)
    And it made me think of you and your family, which is why I read your blog *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder