Sunny Saturday

Sunshine and -13C- one of those perfect northern days! My man and 12 year old have gone skiing today, along with the birthday girl and several friends. The day is like the picture at the header of this blog, where sun is peaking over the mountain, over the eastern shoulder, lighting up my house. It also shows up my fingerprinted windows and dusty floor- but today is Saturday and that is the day I put aside to care for these things!
I also have my favourite grandson to myself this morning. He is having a tub right now, so I can sit here outside the bathroom and write while he plays in the tub. He has crayons to write on the tub, balls and blocks to build with and water toys to play with and explore the laws of physics with. Seems that he is a bit sad Mommy has gone skiing, but he also has a bit of a cold, so he is a bit down altogether, poor wee man! We will play together for the morning until he goes to visit Daddy for the rest of this day.
His momma has just logged off another year. She is making plans, pursuing goals, looking forward to the future. We are so proud of her! I have been amazed and blessed, watching my children grow to adulthood- who they have become and how they interact with the world around them. When they were little, I often tried to picture their future, but they have all exceeded and grown way past so many of my expectations. I love seeing how they pursue their dreams and goals, taking root and wing.
Share with me your goals, your dreams or how you have watched your own children in these. Have a lovely sunny Sautrday, wherever you are!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder