Winter Wanderings

We are well into 2011. The tree is down, cleaned up, put away for another year. Food is largely consumed. Most are looking forward to the return of order and routine. Some are not looking forward to what that routine brings- in terms of early starts and school work. But we feel rested and satisfied with days spent well.
We had a chance at church to look back on the year past and reflect, then to look with anticipation to what is ahead. I am seeing a definite pattern to this anticipation. Anticipation holds the unknown, holds it close until the time is right for it to be revealed. How fun is it to wait? I love anticipation, as I have mentioned. I love all that it takes to be ready for the moment. I am not really a procratinator, but prefer to do things as they come up, to take care of business as it arises. This may be why I love anticipation. I do like spontaneity, to be surprised and to be taken off guard. I also love to plan and organize. I know the next few weeks will be filled with organizing and re-organizing as I prepare a new desk at work, orient new staff, look through all that has been accomplished in the last few years and, once again, prepare for the year to come- more anticipation.
This joy must be how I also view this passion of mine. As a doula, my life is revolving around waiting. I wait for babies to decide to make their move. I anticipate the needs of the mother, of the family as they prepare to welcome their newest member.
Advent, this season of anticipation, of waiting, leads to Epiphany. Epiphany, by definition, is a dawning. A transfer of amazing information, taht opportunity to learn something new and wonderful. We have been setting the wise men out in our creche, discussing the character of God and all He revealed to us through His Son, Jesus.
Through anticipation, waiting and preparing, we reach our own epiphany, either small or large in proportion- but this is what I wish for you in 2011, that you will have an epiphany and that you will be prepared for it, so that you can act on all that has been reveled to you. Blessings in abundance, my friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder