Fresh and New-rished

I love new- new possibilities, new years, new plans, new intentions. I have an intention for this year, to pay attention to being NOURISHED.
Being constantly replenished is what our bodies do continually, right down at the cellular level. Every day, drinking water takes toxins out, eating foods nourishes our bodies and creates the means for renewal at the cellular level. Our physical demands make use of what we eat, our energy and actions built on the blocks we create through our food and food choices.
I have been thinking quite a bit about how I want to age. I am now a senior in some circles, since I am over 55- and that means I need a different type of nourishment. My brain could be slowing down, my joints and muscles may need more support, my reproductive system has quit reproducing, my eyesight is changing- all of these need to be replenished and nourished!
How do I go about aging gracefully? A few years back I decided I would try to use as few chemicals as possible, both in my home and on my body. I have found I am feeling much more vital and full of energy! I rarely use sugar (and to be honest, will be working toward purging sugar from my diet over these next few weeks) because I find I am sluggish and have more food cravings when sugar isn't gone. I have been paying more attention to keeping my blood sugar balanced and to what exactly I eat. I want to be NOURISHED, not just fed. I don't want my daily caloric intake to be used up in one sugary drink- have you ever looked at how many calories are in one venti Starbucks Caramel Macchiato? It's stunning! I don't actually pay attention to calories as such, but pay attention to BALANCE! I find if my meals are balanced, I feel as though I will have the energy to do what I need to do--and, to be honest, the brain power!
So- what are YOUR intentions? How do YOU go about NOURISHING and REPLENISHING yourself? Is your body all that you pay attention to when you eat? Or do you pay attention to your emotional and spiritual health?
I will be sharing some successes over these next few weeks. I will share some great recipes for balanced and healthy meals! I know how important good sleep and moderate exercise are to a well balanced life- and would love to hear from you! What do you do to keep your own balance?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Wednesday's Wonder

Christmas Eve