It's Monday and the List Goes On....

Gratitude, while not spilling out today, is that discipline I am working to cultivate. The other day, I mentioned the plant above my head that was not thriving. I took it down and cut it back, gave it new soil, set it to soak, fed it with good food and put some new shoots from another plat in alongside the green roots of the old plant. I treated it with loving care and kindness! Thinking over the last few days, I realize relationships need this kind of care as well- and I will work on it in my imperfection.
  • Signs of growth
  • a quiet home
  • the strength to do my cleaning- and the desire to!
  • good friends from far away
  • a grandson who insists on hugs before he leaves
  • 12 year old starting the week with confidence and happiness
  • joy in my heart
  • mist moisturizing the earth
  • parents enjoying their extended vacation lifestyle
  • knowing God in the midst of sickness
  • the promise of new life-  in my plants, but more importantly, in lovely mommas waiting on new birth
  • a good phone plan so I can call my friends far away :)
  • dinner plans- and the food to make it happen!
  • plans for a birthday party at the end of the week, to honour my momma-daughter in a small way. I will write about that later this week!
In my list, I mentioned cleaning. Saturdays are usually my house day, but this Saturday, I played and typed and tasted and sipped coffee and generally did NOT take care of my house, so this morning, I will. I have a bedroom to deal with- the 12 year old is allergic to dust mites and this day will be devoted to dealing with any vistigial mites- moving books to another location. This kitchen floor would NOT make my mother proud!!
So, readers, friends, curious and indifferent, with gratitude in my heart brought on by the writing of this small and incomplete list, off to my day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder