Where has this week gone???

Here we are, Thursday!! Whipping through the week, each day moving faster than the one before it- crazy! I have been really enjoying this week, however- it has had most of my favourite elements. Pregnant women, young children, new babies, studying about childbirth and a visit with our daughter's terrific man. After blogging and finishing my coffee, I will head out for another day of work. I just feel so blessed! Once again, I get to spend my day with amazing families, pregnant women, new babies and fantastic co-workers. No complaints, for sure! I also look forward to meeting with the midwife and a client tomorrow- a new phase of this doula journey.
We have also had some really tough news this week. Last week, I mentioned a woman of God whom I value and esteem, one who I have known since I was a young girl. We have found out that she has cancer. She has hope and faith- two of the most important elements of a journey with this illness. She is also a woman of prayer, one for whom prayer is her language. This language is her connection with God, her opportunity to have communion with the One she holds most dear. In so much that I ahve read about the journey with cancer, this kind of faith is what sustains and nourishes- that the soul is the most important connection for the body to be truly ready for healing. Her family is gathered around- her group of strong women and those they hold most dear. I know that the days ahead will be dark and difficult, but I know this too- that the God Who knows each one of them by name will carry them, will protect them and will certainly guide them. Such a gift!
So, now with a mix of emotions, I head out to work. Coffee is nearly done, my grandson is playing sweetly below, talking to himself as he plays with his cars. My day ahead will be my busiest this week, but I am grateful. Grateful that I have this work, grateful for those I share this passion with, grateful for my amazing family and grateful for the God Who wants a relationship with me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder