Wednesday Wetness

Another travel advisory. The roads are wet, the rain is coming down in torrents and ice is crashing off the cliffs beside the highway. My day has been all about running around- thank goodness my little car is up to the task! There are times when days like today feel a bit like the treadmill I wish I wasn't on. I work pretty hard at keeping on top of my repsonsibilities rather than letting them pile up and am not a procrastinator. When I notice myself procrastinating, I need to take stock of things to find out what is overwhelming me. Right now, there are things very far outside of our control but seem to be conquering every day, taking over the day and everything about it, even when we work hard to keep a balance. I like to be somewhat in control of those kinds of things- and wonder when it is we will get some semblance of control back again? Just thinking about it makes me tired.
Philippians 4:6 reminds me not to be anxious about anything but to take it all to the Cross- that prayer is the way to maintain when I feel like life is out of control. Anxiety is not a typical response from me at all. Worry is not a place I go. But control is not always mine to have, so on this day, I will remember my vow to be grateful. That attitude will keep me in perfect peace like nothing else!
If you have tips to share, encouragement to pass on or simply a comment, please leave it below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder