Tuesdays Thoughts

Randy Alcorn ... "The degree of joy rises to the degree of gratitude, and the level of gratitude corresponds to the level of God’s grace experienced in our suffering."
Once again, I find myself challenged to put gratitude first. This morning, I had to apologise to someone for my complaining. I do not want to live to complain, live to be negative or be known by that! I was at once aware of how I had said what I had said and quickly asked her to forgive the words! I want to weigh my words carefully, to find out what weight they will carry as they leave my heart and make their way along to another. It has, all in all, been a wonderful day! I was given the immense joy of running our prenatal clinic, spending my day visiting with women who are awaiting their newest family member. I listened as they shared joys, trials, thrills and concerns. Listening with my heart gives me the opportunity to share with my heart. Wisdom, experience put into action, helps with giving someone a sense of calm and of focus. And once again, I have been given the tremendous privilege of being invited in to support another birth.
When I spoke with my mentor-friend today, she reminded me that she would like me to be a doula teacher. I think my heart agrees! I learn so much from the women who give me the privilege of supporting them- can you imagine? Each time I witness a birth, I can see the hand of God and feel as though I am in the presence of a miracle- which of course, I am!! So, to teach others, to give this gift wings, to pass it on, to have women supported and a doula for every birth? Absolutely! This year seems to be shaping up to be the year I put dreams to life!
Do you have dreams that you wish to put to life? do you have hopes for someday? Is something stopping you? Is something guiding you? Do share, I would love to know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder