Monday's Miracle

Today is a good day for a birthday. It is indeed, since I know two babies born on this very day! One is my new great niece- very exciting! The other is a wee boy who has joined a wonderful family- one that I had the privilege of serving as a doula. I know I have mentioned just a time or two how remarkable and amazing I think this passion is- well, I guess that would be what makes it a passion! George Strait has a song called "I Saw God Today" and I think that sums it up pretty well. But, as I write this, I am also catching glimpses of a spectacular sunset through the birch and poplar trees, outlining the Seven Sisters peaks. I am surrounded by God's remarkable creation on every side!I am also tired. I am a sort of bone tired right now, fueled by a pretty significant lack of sleep! Fatigue still seems to be part of my life after cancer, meaning largely that I don't have much reserve to draw from when I am out of fuel. When I was a little girl, I remember my mom's old Volkswagen Beetle--yup, a classic! I remember distinctly one time driving in downtown Vancouver and she realized she was about to run out of gas. Those very cool cars had this reserve tank- which was switched to by means of a sweet little crank shaped handle on the floor, right at the firewall end of the transmission hump. We were sitting at a stop light when she asked me to make this maneuver. I am thinking that would have been about 46 years ago- yet today, I have found myself wishing I had one of those very cool little crank shaped levers somewhere on my body, to bring on the reserve! I left my home at 4:30 yesterday morning and arrived home today at 10 AM. After a phone meeting, I slept for a good 2 1/2 hours- but my tummy was speaking to me about the apple and granola bar it received at 3 this morning--with nothing to follow, so I made it some lovely organic eggs. No coffee either, and I am still doing fine! But with a day like today, or should I say a weekend like this, I want to fill the rest of this posting with praise!
~ new life, celebrated and enjoyed
~witnessing the miracle that is life, with those who know where its Source is
~ a praying father
~ a nurturing, warm, loving environment for new life to be welcomed into
~ new family- both a little brother and a little sister, to be enjoyed and cared for and celebrated
~caring friends and family, providing nourishing meals and sustenance for both body and spirit
~ a midwife friend- in heart and spirit, already practicing this art, yet awaiting news for the training with prayer and discouragement.
~my cozy bed which welcomes me whenever I ask
~new friends and colleagues
~ Knowing that tonight, I will sleep well- yet there is another baby closely on the horizon, so I am grateful for opportunities, for rest, for good food, but most of all, for this new life!
Dinner tonight will be homestyle chicken with rice, broccoli and cauliflower and cheese sauce. I will post the recipe below for my family recipe for this delicious chicken.

Homestyle Oven Fried Chicken                                                                                375F
1 c. bread crumbs
1 c. cracker crumbs (Ritz is good)
1 Tb garlic
2 tsp. spicy pepper seasoning
1 tsp each sage and marjoram
12 pieces of chicken
Put the seasoned crumbs into a ziploc bag. Shake 3 or 4 pieces of chicken at a time to coat and lay into a buttered 9x13 pan. When they are all laid in, place 1/2 tsp butter on top of each piece. Bake in oven until cooked, 1 to 1 1/4 hours, depending on the pieces you have used and their size. The pieces will be crunchy and juicy. I love this served with mashed potatoes or rice, where you can used the butter drained out of the pan after the baking is complete.

Today, be filled with gratitude, with thankfulness and praise for how you were made! We are each a miracle, unique and uniquely chosen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder