(Another) Sunny Saturday!

Gloriously beautiful outside! Well, a little melty, but glorious, nonetheless! The computer doesn't like the word 'melty'....but I have to say, it is certainly the right word! The husband and 12 year old are on a school ski trip today--and I must way, I am a wee bit jealous! Here I am at home, cleaning, looking through winter-grime on the windows, and realizing today would have been a lovely ski day! At this point, I know I don't have the stamina to put a whole day on the hill- and there is no point spending all that money for a few runs! There is always next year- or the rest of my life!! But today, I have the house to myself. I am cleaning, tidying and re-organizing. I actually do like days like this. I can listen to my own music, not have anyone else to consider when I want to wash the floors or bathroom and take the time I need to do all or any of those things! I have gone through my closet already, sorting through items, washing delicates that need to air dry and moving things that don't fit or are not appropriate for the changing weather. I found items that had not been dealt with since Christmas--yes, it is a new month, a new season and simply time to do this!
How do you spend your Saturday? How do you find the balance for your own time and the demands of life- which in my case means, housekeeping and maintaining time for me balanced with work demands? And Saturdays are the day I seem to default to, for home and health! I have been using Saturdays for housework since I was very little, doing household chores as a child. It simply is the day! I grew up in a home with definite routines- and on Saturdays, we cleaned the house. it was also the day for my mom to do her grocery shopping and, when I was really young, the day she got her hair done. I think that changed to Fridays when I was a bit older. She still has a similar routine.
I think my family may find a similar routine, since we did a larger portion of the cleaning on Saturdays. Many of my friends have the same pattern. Tell me about yours? Do you have something that just gets done on a certain day, not because it needs it, but because that is simply the day?
I will also take some time for me today. I may go for a walk--though the icy pathways make for some treacherous walking! What will you do for you today?

Comments

  1. I grew up with Saturday being Cleaning Day - but it just doesn't work in the studio when TM is home! I clean during the week when he's at work and I can just clean and clean and get it all done - usually Thursdays :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder