A Day to Count Love

I love. I am in love. I share love. I love many! A day like Valentines gives us a lovely opportunity to count our love blessings and today I have that chance in a practical way as I look after my #1 Grandson! last night before I went to bed, I put some heart-shaped cling stickers on the kitchen window, to surprise the 12 year old and grandson when they were at the breakfast table. I left love notes for each one here to remind them what makes them special to me- and I know I don't need to remember this on only one day! But it is a great excuse on a day like today! the 12 year old has a class party today- and spent the afternoon yesterday making rice krispie squares with cinnamon hearts in them along with notes to his class mates. On the notes to his class mates, he put some stickers and a note about what makes them special to him, such as 'You are a good friend' or "You have a great sense of humour'. I think it was a nice, positive message exercise in affirmations. So, below, keeping that in mind, I count my love blessings:

  • my man of 27 years, met 30 years ago this summer
  • my son of 26 years, his wisdom and thoughtfulness, insight and sense of humour and unconditional love
  • my daughter of 24 years, her compassion, her caring, friendship and love
  • my daughter of 23 years, her drive, her compassion, her love, her amazing mothering!
  • my daughter of 19 years- her creativity, her intuition, her ability to see the big picture and her love.
  • my son of 11 years- his snuggles, his sense of humour, his athleticism and his place in our family
  • my grandson- his love, his humour, his wiggly eyebrows, his developing language- HIM!!
  • my parents, who pray for each of us by name
  • my siblings- each unique, each a gift
  • family--my biggest blessing!!
  • an evening planned with the man I love, to celebrate together, quietly, but sincerely, all that we have and wish for in our future.
  • looking ahead to all that God has for us as we rely on Him to show us the way!
Tell me about your plans? What do you do to let those you love know it? Do you take an opportunity to make this day special?

In gratitude

Judi

Comments

  1. Awwww, thanks mom! I unconditionally love your blog! Happy Balumtimes Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all excited here as we are turning the downstairs into a restaurant and preparing a special meal for oldest boy and his girlfriend! Fun for us and for them....we hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it's so true...parents that pray for each of us by name...where would we be without our parents who lift us up to the great gift Giver and One who loved us first!
    Beautiful picture on your header and lovely list. I love that you had love notes for your kids and grandkids today.
    blessings
    ~a

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder