Friday!

Another life, another blessing. I got home at 3 this morning! I worked at our outreach yesterday and received the call I was waiting for about 3 in the afternoon. After determining that this was indeed the real deal, everything got packed up and moved off to Smithers. I left home at 6 PM after a wonderful dinner by my man. I am so glad I had such a good meal- one of the things I like to remind my mommas is that they need good fuel for the long journey and indeed, last night this was so true! The new life made his way into the world just after midnight, to the delight of mommy, friends, medical staff and of course, me! We got momma all settled in to rest and relax and I made my way home, satisfied and grateful.
Sleep was sweet--short, but sweet!! I went out to visit the baby born earlier this week into such different circumstances and once again was struck by the similarities in experience but the vast differences in lives. The first baby's momma said today that having a doula at her birth gave her confidence she didn't know she had. She found inner strength knowing I would stay there and be there only for her- which is exactly right! She was able to do a very tough job and find that strength, that place to complete it. her comment today was that having a doula is a drug-- a non-interventive one! I was glad to hear it!
So tonight, I am satisfied and grateful. My journey for birth in February is personally complete- and will be until the end of March. I will have time to refresh and re-group, reflect  and be inspired. The gift that these parents allow me to be part of their miracle, their most intimate life moments humbles me. I am so incredibly grateful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder