Friday's Fragments..

It is the end of a week. I know this has not been the most productive week for me, but flu does that! It gives a person an opportunity to just rest and think and contemplate and sometimes, just sometimes, enjoy being served by others.  My honey brought home soup when I asked- he brought home won ton soup because I described the warm slurpy noodles to him. He also brought canned chicken noodle soup, Lipton chicken noodle soup and Knorr-Swiss packaged chicken noodle soup! I just finished the can of soup- and I must say, that was nice! Just what the doctor ordered. Ever wonder where that came from? I am thinking that the common idea that Jewish mothers use chicken noodle soup to fix everything that ails may have had some real merit! It has good broth (which is always good for the soul), the possibility of yummy vegetables (to mend the body) and noodles (for instant, easily digested energy). All packaged together! What could be better than that? i remember when I was first pregnant with my oldest, my ever-present nausea, only followed quickly by my ever-present fatigue, was nicely managed with LOTS of chicken noodle soup! I would go to work in the morning, have a nap at lunch after some soup, then home to my quiet apartment, where I would make more soup and eat it before heading straight to bed. My husband was away from week 6-13, so I could manage these things alone--and not even feel guilty about not making something different for him or spending time with him, since my energy did not seem to allow for it! I sometimes think back on that time and wonder how come it was more intense than any of my other pregnancies to follow--and am thankful, since all the rest were preceded by a busy toddler! I did manage to have quite a number in quite a short period of time!


Well, I am thinking again about the sunshine of the day. My header on this blog is an accurate picture of this day! Sun with ice-diamonds floating in the air, Blessing us all with the beauty of the day. I am also thinking again about thankfulness--and wanted to place the description of it here for you:
Thankfulness is being grateful for what we have. It is an attitude of gratitude for learning, loving and being. Appreciate the little things that happen around you and within you every day. Think positively. Thankfulness brings contentment.


I just wanted to share it again. I have found some things in this week to be particularly stressful. We have a legal and spiritual battle going on within our home and it is wearing to say the least. At times, we wonder if it is worth fighting for what is right- but we know that Romans 8 is right...
26-28Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.  (The Message)
In this, we can rest. We can wait and we can expect God to take good care of us because he loves and cares for us!
So, once again, I find myself praising God for his faithfulness. Even when I feel discouraged or frustrated, he knows just what I need. He gives me strength to meet the challenges of every day life, whether it is the flu, legal junk, taking good care of those I love or whatever is placed before me. Each challenges me in one way or another! And i do love a challenge! So, today, I am thankful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder