Time for Tuesday's Posting

Sitting here contemplating today's posting, feeling a bit punky. I woke up with a definite head cold--but now my tummy is protesting a bit! I hope not--but guess I am prone to things too? At least both of the babies are here!
So, yesterday being the day we count love, I read of a really cool idea--take the middle of I Corinthians 13, the part where it talks about what love is and is not--and insert your own name for the word love. A very humbling exercise, I have to say!! Lots of shoulds--but not enough 'dos'. One thing, I have something to work toward!
Tonight, the love of our daughter is coming to dinner. I made my daughter's meal suggestion, Enchilada Casserole--and will post the recipe below! I haven't made this in years--and have made a few modifications over time. This will be ready for tonight, but also made enough for two freezer meals, 3 enchiladas each.
ENCHILADA CASSEROLE
SERVES 8 PLUS 2 MEALS FOR 3 OR 4 FROZEN...
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (bake these with seasoning until cooked)
3 c. frozen corn kernels
1 red pepper finely chopped
2 Tb chili powder               2 Tb parsley
In a large bowl, combine the corn, pepper, spices and add the chicken breasts, finely chopped as well. Mix, then spoon about 1/2 c. of this mix onto a tortilla. Fold both ends in then one side, then roll up and place seem side down into a lasagna pan. Repeat this for 10 tortillas. You will have enough of this mix left to fill 6 more tortillas--do so and put into one or two pans to be frozen.
Sauce:
3 c. fat free sour cream
2 cans cream of chicken soup (low fat)
1 or 2 cans chopped green chilis (to your taste)
1 380 gr. pkg. Tex Mex grated cheese mix 
Mix these altogether in a large bowl. Spoon 2/3 of it over the large pan of enchiladas. Spoon the rest over the rest of the enchiladas.
Bake at 325F for about 40 minutes, until the sauce is bubbling. On the smaller pan, thaw completely, then cook for 25-30 minutes, again until the sauce is bubbly.
I am serving this with corn chips and salsa and a green salad. I will let you know how that goes! 
Do you have a favourite freezer recipe? Do you make meals ahead sometimes? Do you have a day that you do this, to save time? Do you have some recipes that you always make more of like this? I know with soups, it is easy to make much more and freeze, so I do that at least once a week. I look forward to your sharing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Wednesday's Wonder

Christmas Eve