Thankfulness on Thursday

I am at home. Thursdays, for those who know me, is my very big work day. But today, I am home. My protesting tummy of Tuesday made it's wishes known and I have been home ever since. A flu seems to be making it's way around and, as I said before, I am not immune! So, I get a quiet house, lots of juice and time to think. I will also spend some time studying my Lamaze Guide. My kitchen needs some serious cleaning too, so if I have some energy waiting to be used, that I shall do! Seems like everyone is feeling either a bit punky or tired or sick--thank goodness for leftovers in the fridge for those who need to eat!
So, the thankfulness part. I am thankful! I was thinking about it yesterday, this week last year, I started chemo. I was laid out on the couch, not wanting to eat, feeling super tired and really just lousy. One year later, there is no cancer in my body, I am back to work, have lots of hair (insert sense of humour) and feel almost normal- whatever that is! I caught a flu bug after 4 rounds of chemo and it put me into the hospital, hovering between life and death. So, yes, I am thankful. Tuesday I thought I might be sick. Yesterday, I went in to take care of some paperwork and today I am staying home mostly so as not to infect our babies. This is for sure a flu bug, but in view of what was my life this time last year, this is a drop in a bucket! My headache is almost non-existent (the main trouble after the tummy upset) and I have been able to sleep off most of the rest of things. So, yes, I am thankful!
We woke up to another cold front coming in. For those who don't live here, this is not something sad, but rather wonderful. Cold fronts bring beautiful weather! Last night, the moon was luminous and clear surrounded by an abundance of stars. Today, we have sunshine with a bit of leftover moisture creating mist by the mountain. It is supposed to be -25C or so this weekend. That will kill off these nasty flu bugs going around! If we could only stand outside for a while to make them die....
Today, I am thankful. I am thankful for relatively good health- that which helps me get rid of a bug in a day or two. I am thankful for sunshine and the promise of cold weather. I am thankful for my family who cares for me and for each other. I am thankful that we can enjoy each others' company and love one another!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder