Windy Wednesday

You can't get away from wind! It blows in cracks, lets you know just how drafty your house is! The fireplace has a hard time keeping up as the warm is sucked right out of the house. Days like today make me wish for a nice warm bath! But today, that is still not to be! While there is still a very cold front out there, it is not possible to bring the well pump to the surface! Any of those working parts can freeze in the cold, so that is the way things are.
We will have a quiet evening, hunkered down at home. Homework and reading, quiet play and taking care of the little things that we need to. During this day, my lovely grandson and I had a nice long snuggle nap before he went to the arena to watch hockey. I am so blessed.
So, I will try not to obsess over the lack of water, but to be thankful for what we Do have! A warm home, a wonderful family, books and places to enjoy them. I know the 12 year old is at a birthday party today, one of few he has ever gone to. He will be full of stories to share and love to give.
I hope your evening is as blessed as mine!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder