Friday is Turning Out Fantastic!

The wind is subsiding. A lovely day started by a soak in a tub--not here at home, but still, a soak! Then home to make muffins. I made a yummy blueberry and banana muffin that has maple yogurt instead of milk in it- they smell fantastic and taste as good as they smell. For goodness, I added wheat germ and hemp nuts. Really yummy!! Coffee with a lovely friend, passionate discussion, sharing hopes and dreams, this is the stuff of life! I am so grateful to have people like her in my life to keep my challenged and honest with myself. 
Right now, to top things off, I have--wait for it--WATER!! Running from my tap as I sit here! For the first time in 10 days! Yes, there are lots of exclamation marks--of course! This is simply wonderful! My lovely daughter is coming home tomorrow for the first time in 8 months. We are so excited--but the idea of having no water was just not exciting at all, so this is a good thing. The pump had been installed 26 years ago, so it certainly had done its work, but the timing was not very great. Mid-summer, when water is plentiful and the needs are not as great indoors, well, such is the way things work. Isn't the adage something like "Life is what happens when you are making plans..."? Whatever the case, my life is approaching normal again, and I am pretty happy with it!
So, going in to our weekend, with family plans and grocery shopping, laundry and baths are on top of the list!
Tell me about your weekend? Anything exciting happening? Anything normal happening? I am looking forward to normal!
With gratitude~

Comments

  1. yay, water is necessary and exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah for water! :) And those muffins sound fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you have water again! And that your girl is coming home:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i once heard "normal" was only a setting on the dryer. hehe
    Glad i found your blog Judi. Made me miss you.

    hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my dear joni- at one time, i knew normal was only relative--and my relatives are NOT normal...LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Official News

New Years Eve Eve

Weekend Wanderings