A Continuing List of Gratitude

Nice busy weekend, full of family, friends fellowship and food. All of my girls are home!! We celebrated by man's birthday a few days early. He was surprised by our youngest daughter and a turkey dinner. For someone to whom quality time speaks volumes, I would say I did well! We celebrated the birth of a good friend's daughter, gathering with women, laughter and food and lovely gifts. In the evening, my girls and I took pictures and laughed!

We waited until my man went to bed, then used facial preparations given by a lovely friend for us to use together--we have not had an overnight together since I got sick last year!
After a steam over delicious potpourri, we used a clay mask.
All said and done, we felt clean and clear and so refreshed- even at 11:00 at night! We laughed and told stories, talked and just simply enjoyed each others company!
In this frame of mind, my list of thankfulness continues:

  • most of my family home
  • love to share
  • new babies and the blessing they are
  • laughter and memories
  • delicious meals to celebrate
  • celebrations of age, thankfulness for health and happiness
  • a safe drive for my chef, a safe flight for my long distance daughter
  • water to wash the dishes, take a shower, water the plants!
  • time with friends to talk and share and eat and be happy for others
  • connection with my son over the internet phone- laughter and teasing and joy and love
  • Shrove Tuesday to remind us of the wilderness journey- and making it through the other side with strength and renewed passion

Comments

  1. u have beautiful daughters.. so glad you could have some time with them..
    (makes me wanna go visit my Ma)

    excellent post.
    Glad you got water again. .. how many times do you need to be thankful for that one!?! i am most certain you always are!! (haven't you been there did that! - no??)

    happy week to yah!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder