This Week is Hustling By

Ever notice that when you want time to hurry up, it goes by so slowly--and when you want to savour the moments, they fly by unbidden? It is so nice having my girl home. She is getting friend connections, seeing friend's growing babies, doing lunch, planning a shower, all the wonderful things that are the joy of being a woman! There are so many things in our life we take responsibility for, many tough ones- bathrooms, diapers, laundry- and many lovely ones- feeding others, planning celebrations, taking joy in new life- all these and so many others make up the joy of being a woman!
Yesterday, I spent time pondering how we pass on our values, our passions. Mostly, I was thinking of childbirth and breastfeeding, but this does apply to so many other areas. Just because I value something highly does not presuppose that my daughters will feel the same. I have to be OK with that. As adults, our children do have the right and capability of making their own choices and being responsible for what those choices carry. As parents, we are able to support the choices--or support those who have made them--whether or not we agree. Because I love my children, this is not a hard-ship, but often it seems to be a heart-break watching the fall out of some choices. Last night there was an example of this. We take value in a calm and peaceful home. We have found that others simply do not understand how to achieve this in their own lives and find it necessary to visit their unhappiness on others who don't actually want to share. It is so sad, so unnecessary and so hard on the whole family. We continue to bathe our home in prayer for protection, knowing that God Who loves us wants to care for us in this way.
So, as time moves by quickly, we want each moment to have lasting value. Lunch with friends, long drives in the car to visit our other daughter, dinners together with additional friends, birthday celebrations all contribute to a wonderful week that is flying by.
So, today I am grateful to have my girls here with me. I am grateful for relationships that are lasting, healthy and mutually beneficial. I love my family!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder