Sunny Monday

Spring has arrived here, along with it mud and robins. The robins are so delightful, playing in the mud, looking for morsels and playing tag. The mud gives me something to stay occupied with. Since our 12 year old left Saturday, I have washed all the woodwork in the house with Murphy's Oil. I love the smell of Murphy's and the shine it gives the wood. For those who know this house, wood is one of it's major components, so I have been busy! Spring has arrived with a vengeance in my head, so I am cleaning. Floors are washed, laundry is all caught up and folded and put away. Bathrooms are sparkling and odd jobs are irritating me, calling to be accomplished. One of those is the fridge. Today, the whole thing was taken apart, science experiments were completed- or thrown out- and now it is fresh and very clean inside, smelling of peppermint. I have plans to attack our basement including reorganizing the space under the stairs. I love the opportunity to have a quiet house in which to see accomplishments like this, strangely enough. But at the same time, I need to study and I need to work. So, I need to put my priorities in order. I have another baby coming any time now so am on high alert. That takes priority! Late as it is right now, I wanted to take some moments to be grateful for this day and all it has had in it.
~ sleeping in
~a clean fridge filled with new groceries
~a friend healing, good news and good conversations
~a big sister who is giving her little brother a most memorable Spring Break
~potty training and a motivated 2 year old
~babies, babies everywhere!!
~new relationships built on trust and a common purpose
~time with my man, alone in our home, wondering how we will manage the next 30 years...
~making plans for those years, hopes and dreams, decisions and prayer
~poetry, words smithed with care
~robins and mud, harbingers of spring
~an amazing moon, a reminder of all things in cycle and time
~bodies well designed by a caring Designer to do what they are purposed to do and prayer for a healthy baby
Once again, I am grateful

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Wednesday's Wonder

Christmas Eve