Wow, it is Wednesday!

What a day! Yesterday, I was in some sort of funk. While it has not completely dissipated, it has however been charged up by good news! My man heard today, unofficially, that he has completed his Masters Degree. Now I already knew it, felt it right from the start, but he had to have some proof and it came today in an email. We will wait for the official notice to really celebrate, but for now, it feels as though a load has been lifted!
Then tomorrow, on the heels of this, I will write a 3 hour Lamaze exam. A 3 hour exam. I have not written an exam that counts like this for almost 30 years. Terrifying! But he did it, I can too! If all goes well, I will be able to add some more letters behind my name. I added the letters CD(DONA) a few weeks back, this time, the letters will be LCCE. I will find out in June whether or not I completed this exam well. And yes, still terrified! But different to how I worked in my younger days, I know things differently, have worked my learning style and know myself so much better! And this stuff? it is what I am made of! Normal birth, healthy birthing practices, walking with women through into motherhood, that is my passion! So, tomorrow, I will choose to do well, know what I know and rely on my not so reliable mind to give me what I need. And I will trust that God wants me to do this, He has shown me the direct process to get here and I know this full well!
Notice my picture has also changed. A reader suggested today that I change it to be more spring appropriate. On my man's 50th birthday, we took a trip on Vancouver Island, taking day trips to some of our favourite places. Botanical Beach at the end of Port Renfrew is right up there in our favourite spots. The wild, wet, windy ocean and awesome tidepools, scenic drive and yummy seafood chowder in the little diner all make for a great day trip from Victoria. That particular day, we watched a storm crest the Olympic Mountains in the distance. It roared across the sound, giving us a chance to see the rain as it darkened the day, the whole sky and come racing toward us. We were caught in the storm, but it passed on by almost as quickly as it came upon us. And, since I am not made of sugar, I did not melt, but instead enjoyed the rain almost as much as I enjoyed the wind.
So, wow, today is Wednesday. The Canucks have moved on to the next round, my man is now the Master and Commander (he asked that we address him this way) and soon, I may have more letters decorating the rear end of my name than he does!
I am so very grateful, much happier than yesterday. We are still faced with much the same trials, but I know Who holds my hand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder