Wonderful Wednesday

Wonderful-hmmm. I am pretty tired for such a wonderful day! But I did get many things accomplished, so at least I have a good reason to be so!
Bake sales as fundraisers--any thoughts? Do you notice that fundraising in public school is ALWAYS happening? A bake sale, a fun night, a raffle. What I notice is, I get to purchase the cake or whatever ingredients. Then I get to make it. Then I get to send money to buy the same right back again. Raffles are not my thing either, I never do win. But somehow, we get sucked right in to paying and paying and paying--so the students can go on a school event for a week. I am actually a bit excited about this particular event for the 12 year old. He has been looking forward to this learning event all year, one of those grade seven rights of passage. His sister went to Barkerville for her class trip- and after fundraising heavily all year, I got the privilege of paying my own way AND cooking for the group. I am not thinking that I will be going on this trip- but I won't know for sure until the time! Before anyone jumps on my opening statement for this paragraph, yes, I know Christian schools are way worse--having homeschooled my older kids until high school, I handily missed much of this phenomena!
So, busy day, full of baking a couple of cakes, cleaning, writing year end reports and annual reports for work, a meeting for a couple of hours--all in all, lots done, but I am DONE! Dinner was a quick fix, yummy beef and broccoli stir fry with peanuts. The evening is planned in front of the TV--we have a show or two to watch, then I will probably hit the hay by 9:30. Thursdays are always exhausting, so I need to prepare my body for what is ahead! I love my job, so Thursdays are lovely, but working with people takes a lot of brain activity and my brain still is not up to speed. Some say it never will be, but I have hope! And it sure beats the alternative! Thinking of the cakes I made today, I spent some time thinking of a good friend's birthday and how things would be so different if she and I lived closer--lunch, coffee, sharing of ideas and passions together. She and I would like someday to write a book together, so for now I will send birthday greetings long distance so she knows I have been thinking of her--and tomorrow, when we eat the cake, we will think about her a little more, so she knows she is loved!
Friends, plans for a family weekend, dinner and joy shared, a long bus trip for a sweet girl whose heart is merciful and good- I have so many things to be grateful for!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder