Misty Tuesday

No gratitude post yesterday, sorry!! I will post it within this posting instead--yesterday, family was around and we had important things to do! Like an Easter Egg hunt and visiting and quadding and visiting and eating and visiting--you get the picture! We do our Easter Egg hunt on Easter Monday so we don't confuse the meaning of Easter in our family, something we decided long ago when we had our own little ones. Now it extends our celebration of Easter quite nicely as well, enjoying our turkey leftovers and making the most of time together.
Today, the grandson and I have a whole day together. We decided to go out for a nice walk with the dog, but got caught in some heavy mist, so came back home after about a kilometer--oh well! There will be many days of more summer to come! He is just so much fun, sense of humour firmly intact!
I am also feeling like I am in a bit of a funk. I can't explain it, just feel a bit heavy. I have some ideas what is going on, but not fully enough to explain the feeling. Largely, it probably has to do with a feeling of dread as to how some legal matters will be resolved. It also is connected to being put down firmly by a person we have to deal with. In this case. no escape. I really appreciate this person in our lives, largely, but a recent meeting together was so negative, I am having trouble dealing with the after effects. I am a solution based person, enjoying collaborative efforts to agree with others on how a particular task or goal is to be reached. Instead, I find myself being put down, mocked and ignored. It is really tough to deal with and I have no idea what my recourse should be at this point. So I will pray! And I will dwell on things that are true, honest, just, pure, noble and of good report. My gratitude continues:
~Easter and all its meaning
~baptism and the joy it brings, looking forward and not behind
~food, family, visiting, chocolate and celebration
~birthday celebrations, bringing a good friend and fantastic sister to mind!
~plans shared with the one I love
~dreams, dreams of change, of future, of togetherness
~studying for a test that is in my dreams of a future in childbirth, continuing the present, the gift of life.
~joy, joy, joy, that which is found within, not from the pursuit of happiness, but from a thankful heart.

Comments

  1. Oh yes Judi...joy most certainly is found in the LORD...how PRECIOUS HE is!!

    I enjoyed your list today...it doesn't matter what day you post it...everyday should be a thankful day. :)

    Blessings,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder