Palm Sunday--Hosanna!

Apparently it is a lovely day in the South Pacific. My friend in Sooke says so!! In the North Pacific, another story brews. We have had snow, rain, sunshine, warmth and cold today! My man spent time planting grass seeds and watering them, just in time to have the rain descend, a little help with the job! The boy went for a long bike ride, visiting and playing with a friend and I spent time with my daughter and my lovely shadow. I spoke of my shadow earlier in this week. She left today on the bus and I know I sure will miss her, as will my precious grandson. I know her momma must miss her like crazy, she is such a blessing to all around her!
Spending this week looking at all things normal birth, I could not help but stand back and observe. Her heart is so merciful. She is able to see when someone needs some help and anticipates just how to meet the need. We had classes on breastfeeding, classes on healthy birthing practices and ran a prenatal clinic, She met nurses and mothers, women waiting to be mothers and new babies. The week had so many opportunities, so many different experiences. I can't tell you how wonderful it was to be part of that learning.
I have been thinking more and more about the book I would like to write someday. It will reflect my values and passions, while having some meaningful thoughts about the importance of normal birth in a person's experience. I have enjoyed reading and researching, considering and critiquing literature that I have found. And the more I learn, I find the less I know! But I am enjoying the process more and more. This week, I finally passed the big step of Doula Certification and am sort of looking forward to the next step, the next part of my dream, in becoming a certified childbirth educator. The sort of part stems from the concern that my brain may not manage the testing very well--but I am sure game to try it!
Dreams. I have had a few. Last year, while I was sick and not sure if I would live, I realized I did not want any regrets. If I survived my cancer, I would certainly take a deeper look at how my priorities were focused. I wasn't thinking they were too far out of whack, but still, I had time to consider how they could be honed in some. One of the things I wanted to see was less of 'someday' and more of 'now'!! I started planning last Spring with a little seed of hope, to go to Ireland for my 50th birthday. This year, it seemed as if that dream was just not going to happen, just not the right timing or whatever happens to dreams like that. This week, we found out that the dream still has some hope left in it and now, more than ever, I am hoping to fan that hope into a little flame, ready for it to take form. So, hope is alive and well in this grateful heart of mine. And I think of the day, this very day we remember how Jesus showed His humility by catching a ride on a lowly steed, a humble donkey and rode through the town while people called out for Him to save them--Hosanna means: Save me--while they showed Him so much love by honouring Him with their coats and palm branches on the ground ahead of His ride. Would I think of this show of honour now? How would I show Him what I think, my love, my gratitude, my thanks? Would I think of laying my own cloak down, to wave branches? I would hope that more than anything He would be able to see my heart, read my desire to love, to show mercy and to meet others' needs. And in that, I would give thanks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder