Wonder of Wednesday

Wednesday- only two more sleeps until Christmas. I have baked and mixed, heated and poured, eaten and sampled. Tonight, friends will come over and we will- what else??-eat!! I love to feed people!! Last night we had company, too. I would love to feed extra people every day! Though I guess at some point it might get costly! But "Better a meal of vegetables where there is love than a fattened calf where there is hatred." (Proverbs) Tonight we had heated up Shepherd's Pie and it was delicious. And delicious is one of Blake's new words!! He shakes his head from side to side and says- sesishus! It is too cute!

The tree is starting to fill up- we all have decided to try to simplify, but I guess you multiply when there are 7 or 8 or 10 contributing!! The 12 year old spent a bit of time wrapping today and did I. My lovely baby boy came over for his nap time today and I worked on his gift while he slept. I am 'upcycling' some Carhartts and a mink cape to become a bunting for his sled- it should be VERY warm!! Anyone out there making home made gifts? Care to share?

We woke up to several more inches of snow today, since the weather warmed up overnight. Andy took out the quad for a blast this afternoon and we may all go to a frozen lake tomorrow to enjoy this very seasonably excellent weather. The 12year old will take his GT sled and we will play around in the snow. Nothing like it to warm the heart! I am practicing music for the Christmas Eve service where I will play piano. I love the music of this season as well and think Away In A Manger may be one of my favourite lullabies.

My heart overflows with gratitude for music and memories, food and friends, lullabies and laughter. May your day be filled with His grace.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder