Peace, Sweet Peace

All is quiet, the whir of the computer and hum of the fridge roar over the sound of quietly bubbling soup. The guys went skiing and swimming, out to dinner and the Voyage of the Dawn Treader- what a day! I have had the privilege of filling my day with whatever I so chose- and it ended up being filled with my favourite subject, motherhood! This morning started with leavings- the guys off to the hill, then the Babygirl going home. A little later, it was time for tea with a young friend defining her priorities and passions- and so far, she is looking into birth! We had a lovely talk over a cuppa. Later on, I picked up some oil so I can massage when I do home visits with women who are pregnant. I read it somewhere in a midwifery text- and think it will be my new practice! Off to visit my next client to discuss her cares and concerns, her thoughts and wishes for her next labour and delivery. I love this!! I get to attend that most sacred of family events, birth- to help people shape their wishes, to find their strength and feel their power as they take the journey to parenthood. I am most blessed.
Tonight, the house is quiet. I have written up my notes, committed to my heart those things shared with me today and have considered once again how I am welcomed to share in this mystery, this miracle called birth. Twenty six years ago, I was holding my own newborn boy, thinking of the miracle I had participated in, wondering how I could be so favoured. The privilege of becoming a parent, a mother- the highest calling. I am grateful to hold this title still as my greatest treasure and want to thank all of those who call me Mom. You have taught me so much- how can I ever thank you enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder