Friday, not quite halfway through December- and I am already feeling quite exhausted! Trying to keep it simple seems to be tougher to do with more people. I remember when the kids were homeschooling, trying to keep it simple was easier because we were all on the same page. Now I find myself trying to be sensitive to everyone's wishes while keeping my own balance and somehow, not quite accomplishing anything too terribly well! But I do look forward to:
music!
family!
time relaxing together!
home without plans!
creating more memories
a two year old's birthday!
Anyone want to share memories, traditions, baked goods recipes,things of that sort?
In that attitude of gratitude, I want to share with you that this year, we have made a concerted effort to follow more of the advent tradition. Our 12 year old is enjoying the story time and candles along with the treats. The two year old is taking pleasure in the candles! This second week, the candle is PEACE. At our church each week, we greet everyone with the Peace of Christ. With our grandson, when we mention peace, he quickly puts out his hand to shake yours- and anyone who is in the room!! I love it! Thinking about peace is what has me fretting about simplicity- balance and harmony are often hard to reach! But, I will keep on trying to, since I think the results are worthwhile.

Comments

  1. Give that adorable grandson a big hug from his Hawaiian aunty :)
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder