Summery Sunday

Long walks in the neighbourhood. Afternoon at the lake. Sitting on the deck, basking. Enjoying the leaves changing colour. What? Here it is, September 11, with the best weather I think we have had all summer long! I am not complaining at all, just mentioning how strange it all is!
This summer has been lovely. A trip of a lifetime for us, spending time with family, friends and each other. Taking time after coming home with family, making plans for the year to come. With less people living here, I have had a chance to REALLY clean the house--I usually do Fall cleaning rather than Spring cleaning. I know I posted on this a while back.
Now it is time for hunting, for putting meat into the freezer, for putting gardened goods up, for planning for the winter ahead. I know we are hoping to spend as much time with the whole family as possible with everyone living so far away. We don't know what that will look like yet, but we are game.
Worshiping together today gave me a chance to contemplate once again the joys I have in my life. Sharing with new friends who are waiting for their first grandchild to come this week, I was struck once more at the spectacular opportunities I have to share joy with others, to celebrate new life and to uphold the holiness of it. This weekend gave me time with new mothers-to-be, sharing and celebrating with them as they count down the days until they meet their newest family members and take the womanly journey to motherhood. Taking into account the way we were made and Who our Designer is, I am continually grateful--and it is my worship.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder