LOOOOOONG Weekend





Friday, Labour Day weekend is ahead. Today will be a chilled, relaxed sort of day with plans for a long drive and an overnight visit to the ocean. We miss our fun-loving girl (can you guess which one?) and will go to her seaside town to visit. Maybe she will make us a batch of her amazing french toast!
I love heading to the ocean. It relaxes and refreshes me, speaks deep in my soul! My son's name means 'From the Sea" and, since his name is a family name, I guess it may pertain to me as well! If I were to list my top favourite activities, they would all centre around the ocean- kayaking, beach-combing, long walks on the beach, any and all of the above revive and refresh!
My daughter's french toast secret? Make your french toast as usual, but add some vanilla and cinnamon to the egg mixture. Then, slice fresh strawberries and bananas- pineapple too if you have it- on top of one slice, cover it with another and put french vanilla yogurt on top. You could drizzle maple syrup if you needed some, but honestly, this is amazing! Enjoy some this weekend if you have a chance, it may become a long weekend favourite!
I look forward to this weekend, celebrating family, relaxing with my favourite people and refreshing my spirit. I am so grateful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder