Labour Day

Happy New Year! Today is one of my favourite days of the year. Out with the old, in with the new-- it makes me want to clean, to freshen up the way the house looks. Time to tidy that bookshelf that is in disrepair, time to wash walls or floors or pillowcases and sheets. On this, we renew schedules and routines, set alarm clocks and make plans for the year ahead. The fridge has a brand new calendar on it, with fresh ideas, fresh colours, fresh plans. The day is ripe for baking, for newly purposed shelves, to think of snacks and school lunches. My favourite part is the celebratory dinner we will have! Tonight, I have prepared a pork roast which is sitting on top of roasted potatoes and onions. You should smell it in here!
So, I am thankful!
~new calendars and pencils, paper and pens
~plans and dreams and hopes and schedules and routines and new friends
~birthing class preparation, making a new powerpoint from my OWN knowledge!
~daughters on day trips, daughters thinking of new work, pre-occupation and occupation
~grandson's laughter, words and expressions
~mushrooms that smell of the forest floor
~new employees, full of promise and new ideas
~a job that fulfills a calling, so much more than employment
~a son's plans for visiting, bringing joy to my heart and home
~school sports, supporting and bringing pleasure
~new family, new year, new language, new home, so much new!
So, with my new year fast approaching, I remain so very grateful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder