Past the 150 mark

Here I am, on post number 152. Wow!! I am not good at establishing habits, yet here is one that seems to have stuck.I have actually been feeling a bit badly for not posting for a few days. I have been busy, new classes to teach, new families to welcome into my practice, new exercises from the physiotherapist, new friends to make.
In the meantime, some old stuff is here too. Old injuries reappearing--physio should change that. Old classes making way for new material. Older children with new issues to deal with. All in all, nothing unusual except everything. My oldest son brought some friends up with him to pick mushrooms for a week or so. Pine mushrooms--or matsutake-- are one of those habits in our fall season. Along with hunting, it is the particular call of the wild that my man and his boy follow regularly. A modern day gold rush is how my man sees it. You go out into the wilderness, alone, where you can be so very grateful for this remarkable creation. You walk for miles and miles in untouched spaces, so green and moist, it takes your breath away--and gives you fresh breath in its place! Hours are spent in this outdoor cathedral, wandering, hiking, picking and enjoying and at the end of the day, you get to sell the fruits of your labour to a buyer who makes sure everything gets sent to those who are willing to pay the price for it. The mushrooms are sent mostly to Japan.
Typical to mushrooms, they are not beautiful, but they sure do taste good. These two would weigh in at about 8 ounces or so, approximately 4 inches in length on average.
So, old and new, life goes on. Changes happen, some good, some difficult. But this I know, I can trust God to keep the best in mind for me and for that, I am grateful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder