Thankfulness Overwhelming

I continue to read 1000 Gifts. Ann Voskamp knows how to spin words magically. Her thoughts resonate deep within, making a mark deep in my heart. They way she writes, her thoughts mirroring some of my own, gives me something to ponder deeply. Looking with gratefulness, fostering an attitude of gratitude, whether it is something difficult or easy, it still creates an abundant life. It fills life to the fullest.
One of my off-spring is dealing with issues of the heart. Literally, the heart is creating a problem deep within. It is a problem waiting to be solved, waiting for an answer. Understanding body systems, I am so impressed again with the miracle of how our Designer created us, not randomly, but with minutely detailed purpose. Adrenal glands are on top of the kidneys. Yet, we know adrenalin affects the heart, creates a quick-step of beating to pump the blood through more quickly, giving us an opportunity to flee if needed, to think more acutely and clearly or to fight for something in an emergency. Amazing! Yet, on our kidneys--the de-toxifier! So fearfully and wonderfully made. Now to find out why this system seems to be faulty in this case. Faulty? Or simply causing trouble! So, we pray.
The thought of giving thanks, that it leads to an abundant life still resonates. Do I let fear take charge? Is anything bothering me deep within, anything I have not given voice to, given air to? Would it affect my system, allowing toxins to build within? Would it make my heart beat hard, beat double time, with the toxic build up creating a headache waiting to come out? So, I pray. I pray thankfulness in all things. I pray gratitude for the minute details, the way we are created to be. I pray for gratitude to displace fear, to displace unpleasantness and sharp words, to replace the toxins that threaten to build up.
So, a list of today's thoughts, just a list to speak what is deep within, by no means exhaustive or complete, but ongoing.
~verdana font, verdana= life, green, renewal
~ healing bones, the mystery within where the marrow is within the casing of hardened calcium, feeding off of minerals and vitamins in the diet, and creating strength within weakness
~ surgeon's skill
~plans in the making, joining of two lives into one, the mystery of marriage, love
~the gift of work that feels like play, time away in a beautiful and isolated place and people who are good for the spirit
~joy in a boy, plans for a lifetime to be tested by truth and justice
~body systems, minute in detail all depending on one another for optimum health--food, nutrition, wellness, sleep and exercise all playing a part and the miracle of life itself
~being fearfully and wonderfully made, knowing it full well-Ps 139
~happiness in being able to escape and relax, to have frustration melt away with less demands, with a change of place and pace
~memories made for a lifetime.
~long talks to fuel plans, to fuel hopes and dreams of a book, one to foster a way of thinking, a passion
I have an ongoing list in my head, a mindfulness of all I have to be grateful for. I want it to reign in each and every day, each and every moment. 
And I am grateful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Wednesday's Wonder

Christmas Eve