Wild Weather Wednesday

Blowing and chilly, rain and puddles. No airplanes, either in or out. I am a hostage on a lovely island. I will return someday, I hope. I want to kayak here! The beaches are cobble, small coves with shells and seaweed. Crab is caught just offshore and the halibut is fresh. This island is protected largely, but when I asked abut deer, I found out that there is actually a large wolf population, so there are no deer. The people depend on the ocean for its bounty.
I miss my family. Apparently my household is quiet--the weather inland is also threatening and snow is making much travel difficult, so the girls are staying closer to work rather than making the one hour commute. The prediction by the weekend is for a cold front to move in, so I think this storm front is making way for a high pressure system. I will be reunited with my family soon! My man just called and it is nice to hear his voice again. Funny how much I stay in constant touch- car phone, cell phone, computer and more. We had not spoken since Sunday, given that there is no cell service here and my car is in Prince Rupert. Tomorrow, the planes will fly again and I will make my way back to the mainland. Aside from a few errands in Terrace and weather aside, I hope to sleep at home tomorrow!
My adventure continues. Here I am stuck in colder weather. Maybe tomorrow will be better--I can see you again. I am a ramblin woman, that may never change. I have a gypsy soul to blame and I am born for leavin--I hope you enjoy this song, I love the harmonies. They are warming me up as I finish this post. I have a wonderful place to stay and am surrounded by beauty. I have no complaints aside from missing my family.
And I am grateful!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder