Dawn of a New Day

Kitkatla trip, part two.
Last night, I stayed in a lovely B&B on the shore of Cow Bay in Prince Rupert. The storm became so loud as the night went on, I wondered at some point how I would sleep. But I surely did!

This day dawned grey but calm. I enjoyed breakfast with a geological crew that is working in Alice Arm. They were really interesting and had seen some lovely sights in one of those well kept BC secrets. I made my way down to the float plane base about 8 AM, in the hopes there would be a no-show on that first flight. first thing Monday morning, no such luck. As the morning wore on, the weather whipped up, sending snow and wind our way. I was booked on a flight to Hartley Bay; however, even that was delayed. Since I was to start teaching the workshop at 9 this morning, when I arrived at 12:45, the group was so gracious. Thanks to modern technology, I was able to send a powerpoint presentation ahead for the group to start working on.

Finally, time for take off. This is what we left in Seal Cove. The next few are the half hour flight.


I had to put my camera away when it got too bumpy and snowy.
Then I read this:
After a few minutes, out came the camera once again, because I wanted to share!



You can see the increasing weather system, chasing us right into the harbour on Kitkatla Bay.
It looks calm, but we are only travelling about 3 km/h, so it is deceiving. I made it though.
Tonight, another B&B, where I am also being fed dinner and lunch along with breakfast. Entertaining folk. And apparently, his fish and chips are unparalleled. I can let you know tomorrow night. Halibut! My favourite!
So, in this day of high adventure and new friends, I am honoured to be serving in this lovely community. And, I am grateful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder