Mid-week Check-in

Snow falls silently outside. It is wet, sort of soggy out. My day is a lovely Nana and grandson day, where we have the whole day to ourselves. We met grandpa for treats at the coffee shop, making it sweeter still.
He sits quietly, fighting a nap and watching Veggie Tales. Snuggling his blue monkeys, he is a gentle little man.
I am mindful of the time I have with him, that I must make the most of each moment. Grandparents have a responsibility that is wrapped in joy. Spending time tucking him in, singing songs and telling stories, there is the gift of faith shared, passed on down the generations. Hope nestled into the heart, tucked in with love. I am also aware of the responsibility because I had such good role models in my own grandparents. Everyone should have someone in their life who absolutely loves them. That love should not be tempered in any way by  what the person does, but is based solely on the relationship between them. Building that relationship from the cradle is my responsibility alone, not something I can ask from my grandchildren, but is simply one I earn by my own unconditional love. And who doesn't respond to this kind of love?
So today is a Nana and grandson day. he is delightful, charms the barrista at the coffee shop with his wiggly eyebrows. We match in our Aran sweaters and match in our love for each other. I take this responsibility seriously and with joy. And I am grateful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder