Pressing In

Five days since my last posting. My man asked me this morning why I have not posted, what's wrong? It has been a busy week that culminated in a journey--the journey to motherhood for an amazing woman who has joined in this 'hood. And what a remarkable journey it was and still is!! In fact it is just beginning, so I know there will be so much to experience along the way. What a beautiful family, enlarged by God's gracious blessing. Once again, I feel humbled to have been part of this journey, one who walks alongside, encouraging.

‎"Worship is a journey. As we press in closer to God, we see more of who He is" - Ben

I understand, more clearly with each birth I attend, that the very act of giving birth is an act of worship. We are worshiping the Master Designer, Creator of all good things. I understand more clearly the concept of being knitted together, of being created in minute detail, every bit of who we are. I can't help but give thanks to a God Who would care enough about me to put those details into place and worship Him in the beauty of his holiness. So, because it is Monday, I will start this week with my list of gratitude for the wonders of Who He is and Who I am because of that:

~Precious design, new life, greater love than ever imagined
~a journey through hardship, vigorous in it's challenges, but with such an amazing victory.
~love divine, all loves excelling
~snow frosting the mountains
~taking delight in 10 fingers, 10 toes, chubby cheeks and perfection
~making new friends, sharing passions and the place where our hearts take us to
~long phone calls with distant friends made close through technology
~acknowledging grace in the details, in the tiny miracles that permeate our lives
~breast milk--perfect design, perfect nourishment, perfect comfort, perfect love
~the wonder of a caring community
~peace and tranquility
~the smell of good food, knowing it will be shared with friends
~the love of a man for a maid

Today I feel as though I am overflowing with gratitude. I want that to flavour my week, to permeate my behaviour, my very spirit as I work with others, serve others, make myself available to whatever it is God has in store for me. I am so thankful!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder