Excitement Builds

Like my new picture? It's our latest, with our matching Aran knit sweaters. I sure love this kid. Apparently, I love him bunches and tonnes, but his mommy loves him to the moon and back and as many as the stars. He reminds us all the time!
We have been taking pictures to update Auntie's information and files. I am driving all the way to meet my bride-to-be, to shop for her wedding dress. We will share dreams and desires, wondering what their day will be like. We will drive and chat, we will eat and chat, we will visit to our hearts content! While I am away, I will also have a chance to look up friends and take some time just for me. It is beginning to feel as if Ireland was a very long time ago. Many years back, I realized that if I could take some time for me once every 3 or 4 months, it refreshed me and gave me a while new attitude. So, the excitement builds!
Dreaming of weddings takes me back. We have spent 30 years together. Our wedding day was December 3 1983. That means it is 28 years ago that I said I do. I still do! We had a short engagement. There were invitations to design, print and send out. Food to choose. Dresses to buy, colours chosen. Flowers and pictures to determine, how many, how much? That day dawned clear and cold, a typical late Fall day in southern BC. My dress made me feel as if I were the only woman on earth and I think, to my groom, perhaps I was. We had chosen teal for the bridesmaids, pink flowers and dove grey for the men. When I look at my pictures now, my beautiful bridesmaids, our gorgeous mothers, the handsome young men, it feels as if it were just a minute ago. But it is more than a lifetime! We had babies, bought homes, followed our hearts and dreams. Ministry time, teaching, camps, family. I think we are in middle age and I wonder what the next 40 years will hold. Our second generation is beginning. There are weddings to host, grandbabies to welcome, traditions to be kept and made. I look at this new photo at the top of the page. It is to remind me that there are so many more days to come. We have so much to be grateful for, each day holds new blessings.
The excitement builds. And I am so grateful!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder