Celebrate!

Party, party, party! Food, food, food! What a weekend! I have my girls all home, boys are both gone. The tree-planter dude wanted to be here, but that is how life works!
It all started on Friday night, when we had my hunny's staff celebrate the end of the teaching year here. We laughed and visited and ate and visited some more. Sharing stories and events, thoughts and hopes and well-wishes with those who are moving on. My girls went to a birthday party with friends, seems there is a theme here! I know my first daughter had just celebrated her own birthday on Thursday, so the continuation was simply there. Our Friday evening party seemed more centred on relaxing than eating, visiting rather than celebrating any event in particular.
But on Saturday, that all changed. Some time ago, we celebrated the end of a Master's degree with my hunny. He worked for four long years on that, detaching himself from family, from friends and often from life itself to get his work accomplished. His degree was fought for through sickness and health, richer and poorer and most of all, determination. So, it was decided by our lovely family we would celebrate this big event with a send off to his new status.
Our older daughter flew in Friday morning, stunning my hunny with her presence. My youngest girl drove in Saturday morning and I think he may have started wondering what was going on!! We started preparing food. We had honey garlic chicken, teriyaki chicken, satay prawns, bean dip, veggies and dip, fruit and dip--the fruit was held nicely in a watermelon bowl. We had puff pastry goodies, chips and crackers, sour cream and salsa, ham and pineapple skewers. Enough food for a LOT of people!!
Many well-wishers made their way by to add their congratulations to the mix, creating a nice warm environment of encouragement for a job well-done!
Our girls took a few pictures together:
I would have to say this is just one of my favourites--beauties all!! I will enjoy my few hours visiting, since my older daughter flies out tonight to go back to work in her Far, Far Away Land with her Charming Prince.
And I will look back on the weekend, the memories it built and I will be grateful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder