Wednesday's wishes

Having all the kids home, one of my favourite things! We are missing one, but this is pretty good! I promised that I would post pictures of our fantastic meal from Sunday. We made pasta and seafood sauce and served it with salad. This is my first time using spinach powder- and we think things turned out well! The eggs are organic, lovely eggs from a local grower here.
First, we start with the flour. I used half semolina and half all purpose. Olive oil is added if there is a need for moisture.



After the kneading, we wrap it in half pound amounts and let it sit, soaking up the flavour and distributing the oils. I am glad I had someone else to knead--it is hard work!
When it is nicely moistened, we roll it and cut it!

 The process is messy...
After the cutting, rolling, we make the fantastic sauce...
in this case, a delicious seafood sauce, made with scallops and shrimp in a garlic and cream base. We had a nice group of us eating. This is a simple but gourmet meal, enjoyed by everyone! Add a salad and you have a great meal. It does take time to make, but is nice to visit along the way!



I have to say, homemade pasta is filling! All the eggs, a creamy sauce--filling! I will share my secret seafood sauce recipe:
1/4 c butter, a few cloves of garlic- fry together. Add to this:
1 lb shrimp
1 lb scallops
2 c. 1% milk (or more milk...)
Mix together until steaming and add:
1 pkg flavoured feta crumbles
Pour these into a bowl just as the pasta is ready. It's a winner!
So, my weekend with family, as is often true, is a food friendly event. We had started the day off with crepes and fruit then took the afternoon to create our dinner. Today, my son decided he wanted to take some bread--good bread!!-- with him tree-planting! He is a good baker, just needs some direction with the preparation. These should be amazing with tomatoes, avocadoes, cheese, hummus....mmm!
And they will have a nice, warm and dry place to hang out for the season--all packed and ready to take off early tomorrow morning!
My weekend- now that it is Wednesday night- is definitely finished and the family visit is coming to an end. But the adventure is just beginning! I am grateful for family, good food, good friends and time together!

Comments

  1. What a feast!! I have never made pasta before...what a process! I'm glad you had such a lovely time together. :)

    Blessings,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I sure did miss out on some awesome family time :( and an amazing dinner by the looks of it! I'm glad everyone was home to visit and support my amazing sister:) Also glad you got to kind of celebrate mother's day a bit early with almost all the kids.
    I'm going ot have to get that brother of mine to bake me some bread next time he's around..
    xoxo love you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder