Monday Monday

Drinking coffee out of a beautiful pottery mug with a dragonfly on the front of it, thinking of the beautiful momma-daughter who gave it to me. I enjoyed sharing Mother's Day with her! She is such a good mom, does an amazing job, thinking and planning decisions so that they make the most sense for the wonderful little boy she is raising. Intentional parenting is not easy, it takes work, takes wisdom! But it sure does make the journey worthwhile! As a mom who made intentional choices, I see how it has impacted my now adults and am able to see how it is impacting their own choices.
Though I think I celebrated Mother's Day last weekend, I am also mindful of being spoiled yesterday. A thoughtful 12 year old made a killer omelette--morel mushrooms, cheese, scallions, organic eggs--pure delight! He rocks it! After church we went for a LOOOOONG drive. The oldest son had the truck out in Fraser Lake, where he has started tree-planting. He needed the truck to take the camper out for his season, so we made the journey to retrieve it yesterday. I am not sure if my man had considered how far it was when the plans were made, but there we were, off for the afternoon. And what an afternoon it was!! Sunglasses, good tunes, my zoom-zoom car, chatting, planning and just simply enjoying the road. After picking up the truck, we had the return journey, in separate vehicles--so dinner was at the lovely Pleasant Valley in Houston! We are never disappointed there! By the time I had stopped for groceries, my day ended up back home around 9:30. A long drive, tiring, but not at all boring or blah! So, a different day, but one to be thankful for, nevertheless! With that in mind, I send out my thanks in the form of this list:
~plans and dreams shared
~time together (going 100 km, trapped :)
~good coffee in a beautiful mug from an amazing daughter
~gifts to last, making memories, making history, making a garden, making the home beautiful
~each of my children--can I put them into every single list of gratitude?
~the soft rain on the land, gentle and life-giving
~new leaves, so many different shades of green, shades of life
~daffodils and the promise of irises
~morel mushrooms and a sense of purpose
~search parties, hunters who noticed and a God Who cares, for a long wilderness journey, 49 days and counting
~promises of time together, plans in the making, visits with friends and family

I am also grateful for the work I do, that which brings me into the humble place of watching a miracle, seeing the hand of God at work in the most intimate way. Have a great week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder