Mid-week Check-in

For those who follow me, you may have noticed this week was a bit dry. No new posts. Not so much because I was dry, but because I have been insanely busy! I did try to get on to post last week once, but the server was upgrading, so I would have had to check in later--and no 'later' happened for me!
So, what a week!! I have a client due on May 24, so I am in the prepared time of waiting now, doula bag packed and prepped, fresh food in it, journal ready for words, thoughts in order to keep in mind for her preferences and passions. I am excited to work with this momma. She and I have known each other for nearly five years. She took doula training in the last session I organized, wanting herself to follow this. We had the amazing opportunity of working together in the birth of a mutual friend last year, a bit of a mentor/protege relationship. That birth was so wonderful, it moved me to write a poem about it and I am glad she was able to be part of such an amazing birth for her first time as a doula.
We are now preparing for her own birth, just over a year later. She has in her head the power of that birth, the knowledge that her body is well made for this. I can't encourage good birth stories enough! It seems that any given group of women is willing to share their horror stories--and am not sure why that is? We seem unable to find good stories, those of empowerment and fulfillment! This is something I hope to change!
In this week, my lovely momma-daughter, her sweet son and I decided to drive 1200 Km to her friend's baby shower. This friend lives overseas and we don't have opportunity to see her except for rarely. The friend has a momma whom I love, a good 'forever' friend. We decided to take our chances on driving down as a surprise, knowing we would be welcomed and fed and given a place to lay our heads. Indeed, we were, and treated so well!! It was nice having lots of time to visit, to shop, to talk, to create lasting memories. To top it off, the baby shower was delightful! It was obvious that the momma-to-be was loved by many! She was blessed in abundance- through the shower of blessings and goodness, her new baby not here yet has been given clothing and blankets and all the little baby necessities. It was just lovely to be part of it! Her sister had come here a few weeks ago to spend time finding out what a doula does. I watched this lovely young woman work so hard to make sure her sister was taken care of, blessed, fed, the home clean and cake beautifully decorated. She is already a woman growing into the one in Proverbs 31--she has been taught well by her amazing mom, the one who is raising her daughters to be worth far more than rubies. The grandbaby is coming into an amazing bunch of caring and kind folk on both sides.
Our trip home seemed longer than the trip down- and not because it was going 'up the province' but surely because we hated to leave! We have created lasting memories, forged deeper friendships and fellowshipped together like the family we truly are. I am so grateful fro our lovely grandson, he blesses my heart! He traveled so well, despite being on the road for 17 hours each way. He is a delightful little man! We, his momma and I, had time to chat, to listen to music, to think and take pleasure in our surroundings. time to reflect on all the good times, time to plan for the future and time to talk about today.
I am on such a pleasure-high from all of these good things and I am grateful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder