My Irish Eyes Keep Smiling

It is as lovely as I had hoped! I am in love with this lovely Emerald Isle. We have seen lots of ocean views, castles, forts and cathedrals. There are pubs aplenty, music everywhere and quiet and unassuming folk. We are enjoying stopping when we like, eating when we wish and shopping, but not always buying. We have done a few things we had hoped to do, though--like buying Aran sweaters!
A lovely shop lady took this photo of us in Glengariff.
The place names are also interesting. We are having fun trying to pronounce them as if we understood the Irish form. Each sign is in Irish first, then English.  We have seen coastline more rugged than we even imagined!




Though some are just quiet coves here and there, more often we are looking at the wild southwest coast. A wind storm was reported off the Cliffs of Moher, gusting over 80 km/h. Thank goodness I am firmly planted!
I just wanted to post a quick bit of our trip--from Dublin to Listowel where I sit in an Internet Cafe. We have been gone a week now, hard to believe we still have 2 left!!
I am so very very grateful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Wednesday's Wonder

Christmas Eve