My Irish Eyes are Smiling!

Two more sleeps. Well, who knows, perhaps there will be no sleep tomorrow night, I may be too excited!! But officially, 48 hours from now, we will have left Toronto on our last leg to Dublin. Can you believe it?? I can hardly! Today, we prepare. We clean, do more laundry, complete our packing. Yes, complete. My man has been packed for two weeks already. Me too, I call it pseudo-packed. You know, a practice run! We have Ibuprofen and thread, laundry soap, towels, rain-gear and an alarm clock. We have plug adaptors and guide books. We have our Lonely Planet Guide to Ireland ready, with all of our notes, hopes and dreams packed away.
We have had some wonderful advice from traveling friends, those who have gone on before us to this fair isle. Some of the advice had to do with Guiness (of course) and music (of course) and places that are must-sees. We hope to find Gerry at Muckross house, he has a horse and cart. We may sleep in a castle, just to say we did. Did our feet in the Irish Sea and Atlantic Ocean? You bet! Listen to local music and take in the sights? Absolutely! One of the bits of advice was to find a concert. Now I have to say, I had been watching for Celtic Women or Celtic Thunder--take a listen to this wonderful music!! But what had not crossed my mind was Riverdance! It seems that Riverdance is in Dublin when we are and we have booked out tickets for the second night there! Riverdance is at the Gaiety Theatre--another must-see- and will be in the ninth row! I am so excited!
So for now, I leave this sad week behind. There have been changes in our home. We know that God has a plan--Rom 8:28 reminds us of this! And we look ahead! Everything we do is with prayer and petition and I know our God has a plan for us when we walk willingly.
I may not post over the next three weeks. We are not sure if and when we will get to a computer. We are also not sure if we WANT to spend time on a computer! But I tell you, when we get back, expect some LONG posts!
With gratitude for dreams and desires, visions and excitement, off I go, to the land of the green.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder