Missing You

Seems as though my posts are getting fewer and farther between. Life is running by at an alarming rate and I am doing my best to keep up. So, for no other reason than simply for the discipline of writing, hello to you!
My man asks abut my blog, looking forward to, I think, some glimpse of my life, my thoughts. Something about not being a mind reader, so he uses this method? I am not sure, but nevertheless, I appreciate his encouragement.
This last week, I spent most of the week in Vancouver. What an inspiring week! I met with a friend one day and we whiled away hours over lunch and tea, getting to know the heart of one another. Previously, we met in a teacher-student capacity, yet, I think, we knew we would bridge that and make it to friends. I am so glad we have! I am blessed to have many inspiring women in my life. Another friend picked me up at my hotel and we spent a portion of our day together- over lunch, antiques, cranky dogs and good laughs. Again, I find myself so grateful for the women in my life, those who touch deeply, who understand my heart and my desire and passion for life to be understood.
My intention for the week was to take my new-found skill of creating power point educational materials and making some classes up. I am wanting to develop classes to bridge gaps in understanding in the areas of breastfeeding and perinatal education. Ultimately, my desire is to write a book, defining the Master Designer's creation, starting with our very origins. I am getting excited about the research I am doing, the reading and watching and thinking and meditating that will help formulate the words, the information that is so important to my very spirit. Empowerment, wisdom shared, passions understood, generations taught.
My week was interspersed with family as well. Dinner with two, a visit with one, texts with another. With visits happening fairly seldom, it was nice to catch up. But the joy of my week was to fly home with my bride-to-be daughter in time for her mommy-sister's birthday.
I love excuses to celebrate. Feeding family, feeding friends, welcoming crowds and simply visiting together is probably my favourite way to spend time. Turkey dinners or appetizers, salads or desserts are not the point. Though I have to say, a chocolate fountain made an interesting and fun "birthday cake". Spending the time together, sharing hearts, sharing connections and sharing in celebration is what life thrives on.
As we wind our way through yet another week, we will be poring over wedding details, talking of dreams and desires, wants and wishes. We will be working toward another celebration not far in the distance. We will remember that it was not so long ago this princess was born, full of promise, of beauty, of peace. She was named with a name that indicates this very thing. Celebrations, joy untold and meaningful family times- I am so very grateful!

Comments

  1. How busy you are! :) SO much life and living to be done. Yaaay for celebrations! Happy Birthday to your girl and to you(?)...belated as I am reading this late.

    Many blessings,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Wednesday's Wonder

Christmas Eve