Angels and Snowstorms

Someone said recently that the weather outside is frightful. It certainly has calmed down today, but it had a tantrum last night. The power flickered a couple of times, threatening us with the possibility of no water or heat to start our Christmas break. But today, it is beautiful out there! My sweet man has just come in from over 3 hours of shovelling, ready for a hot bath. While he was outside, he took a few pictures for this posting.
Mr Moose is shrouded in a white 'fur' cape!



The world is decorated in white for a stark contrast on this grey day. It is stunning! Makes me much more ready for this bleak midwinter time!

Sitting writing the (late) Christmas cards and final preparations on the parcel that is far overdue for sending. I have a Christmas letter ready, but it may arrive as a New Years' letter to some. I am listening to carols and planning dinner, thinking of finishing touches on presents and reflecting on the last couple of days with my precious grandson!
I love the decorations that occur naturally outdoors as if God is helping us prepare!


My wee grandson enjoys the decorations inside and takes delight in many objects on our tree. Over the years, angels have become the predominant theme. We have collected them from all over, near and far. We have some tiny wooden ones from Dresden Germany. There are some translucent shell ones created in Viet Nam. We have large and small, precious and humorous. As my grandson played in the living room yesterday, I heard him speaking to some of the angels on the tree. He likes to play with the people in the manger scene and the decorations on the tree. I think he was concerned about a little angel he accidentally broke, when he told his uncle that she no longer had one of her butterflies (he broke a wing...).




He talks to himself when he plays, giving character to different people and animals--it is great to listen to! But his concern was also extended to the angel at the top of the tree! He said, "Don't worry, I will get you down from there!! Wait, I am too little!" His joy at the big and little things in life continue to amuse us, we feel blessed to have him around so often!
In the next day or so, I will figure out how to post our Christmas letter...but for now, we just want to extend our hearts to you, wishing you all blessings and goodness from grateful hearts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder