Cloudy with Sunny Periods

That title pretty much sums up my last few days. I have been in a quiet mood, enjoying time alone, time at home, taking care of a few things and mostly, taking care of my nest.
The summer has been awesome in every single way. Beginning with the arrival of our beautiful granddaughter, it has been full of celebration and joy! Doula trainings, birthing classes, plans for Fall and upcoming anniversary celebrations have rounded things out nicely.
But in each and every moment, whether at home or at work, my mind and heart seem to be centred on birth. Birth is, as you know so well, my passion. This passion has been deep within me for so long, starting with my own births then followed by supporting others. I have been looking for births to attend, births to support, supporters to support and education to confer. I learn so much from each person I speak with, where their journey has taken them, what birth has taught them and how they learned such amazing truths.
Truth. Truth is what much of my life has been about, searching for, validating it and even looking deeper to prove what I thought I knew. I am one who measures truth by what I believe to be true, God's Word. I am also very aware that many who know me and watch me are measuring me to see if the Truth I believe is living out in me. That Truth needs to be lived out in me through grace- grace I receive and grace I give. Grace is my word this year. Those of you have followed me for a while know that I ask for a word every year. Last year, it was forgiveness, two years before, it was gratefulness. These words are never easy! Asking for a word means a person will have to allow it to become real and that is rarely easy and often painful.
Grace is one of those words, not easy but it sure is a wonderful one to learn about! My passions are driven by mercy or compassion, so grace naturally goes hand in hand. Again, this doesn't mean it's easy, but it does mean it makes sense! Grace is rarely deserved but it is always worthwhile! And my life would not be the same if it were not for grace!
I had the privilege of spending time today with a lovely momma-to-be that I have known for years- since her own parents were dating, actually! Listening to her passion, her love for her husband and her ability to make sense of the world around her as she understnads it, I was reminded once again of the grace granted to me. Grace through the love of my husband. Grace through the hearts of my children. Grace through the sacrifice of my Saviour. In every example, I know it is nothing I deserve or could ever earn on my own, It is unconditional, something that is humanly impossible. That being said, I am happy to accept it, as much as I understand it. I can only hope to give it as well as I have been given it!

And for every little bit of this, I am grateful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Wednesday's Wonder

Christmas Eve