Doula Daily

So much has happened since I last posted. In fact, a year has! My grandson is starting Kindergarten in the Fall--and he has been joined by a precious cousin! We have a girl! And I am over the moon in love! Business as a doula is doing well and it too has been joined by a cousin. I have started to do DONA Approved training now, so others can become birth doulas. This dream has been a long time coming for me. Dear readers know how much passion I have for all things birth, all things life! I have spent time training for this, studying and learning and becoming. It transpires into sharing with others, all that has made me ME.
It has also been a year of struggle in so many ways. With my dedicated passion for life comes a passion for people. People means relationships take precedence and I have had one major relationship in my life become my greatest struggle ever. My grandson knows when he breaks something or ruins something, he asks forgiveness. I have told him that things are NOT important, people are! He always is more important than spilled milk, than broken angels' wings. It may break his heart that he has broken or ruined something, but I tell you, it is much more important to me that he knows just how much I love him and that things will never be more important to me than he is! In this one area of my life that my struggle comes out of, the relationship is simply broken. I know I am human and have asked God to search my heart- like David in Psalm 139. But this one is out of my reach, out of my ability to do any more to change. And it breaks my heart. But I also know I have done all that I can and the job is in God's hands. If He is heard, hearts will change. This I know.
So, blessing upon blessing enters into my life. Relationships around me blossom, new love grows and children are welcomed into loving homes. I have a new granddaughter to dote on, to sew for, to talk to about the mysteries of life. She will join my grandson as one among my favourite people! I don't narrow down favourites- I love equally and without holding back! I have so very much to be thankful for and I am grateful.

Tomorrow: A Post about Other New Passions and Mysteries!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Eve

Weekend Wanderings

Two More Sleeps