A Quick Byte

I am home for a quick lunch. Yesterday, we had cheesy Roasted Potato Chowder--which is loaded with sweet potatoes, red skinned potatoes and roasted garlic. We decided it would be even better a day later--and truly, it is!
The day is bright, cold and lovely. There is a promise that spring may not be far. We had a strange day of snow and hail among sunshine yesterday and woke up to a snow storm with hardly a cloud in the sky today! This would be typical of spring-like weather, so here's hoping!
When the day is rushed, it is hard to find time to pray, to keep in touch with God. My reading this morning reminded me how important it is to memorize, so that I can stay in touch and pass it on!


Deuteronomy 6: 6-7

These words that I am commanding you today must always be on your minds. Recite them to your children. Talk about them when you are sitting around your house and when you are out and about, when you are lying down and when you are getting up.

It makes me think that, not only memorizing, but applying it to my heart is so important. It affects my mood, my countenance and my day to day dealings with others. Spending time with my precious grandson, it needs to be part of our day, to talk about Jesus, to sing, to consider. He loves to come to church, loves stories and singing and I am so glad to be part of that.
So today, as I go about my work, visiting with new mothers, making plans for the future and especially, being a wife and mother at home, I will keep the things I have learned on my mind. We have some difficult days ahead with the strike that is happening for my man, but I know God is able to do "exceeding abundantly beyond all that we can ask or think"--how cool is that? So, for His Word, I am grateful!

Comments

  1. I am so grateful for HIS Word too! What a lovely post. May the LORD bless you as you walk this path with HIM.

    HE will never fail you.

    Blessings,
    Camille
    (Isaiah 26:3-4)

    P.S. I love your new header photo...so gorgeous! (Is it your view??)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Wanderings

Christmas Eve

Wednesday's Wonder